Contact Me!

Want to contribute? You can contact me at rocksaredumb@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Joyful Noise #2

 Enjoy the second and final post of James Ramelli's "Love is Never Satisfied"
I simply cannot read any of the Apostle Paul’s writings in the New Testament without seeing his focus on others.  So much so that without other people, his life means nothing.
 
Take Philippians 1 for example:
-verse 3 says that he is always thinking of the Philippians
-in verse 4 he’s praying for them
-in verse 5 he’s partnered with the Philippians in sharing the Gospel with others 
-in verse 6 he encourages the Philippians about God’s working in them
-verse 7 says the Philippians have a special place in his heart
-in verse 8 he says straight up that he loves them
-in verses 9 through 11 he prays for them
-in verses 12 to 18 he says though people are preaching Christ from wrong motives, he rejoices that people are hearing the Gospel
-in verses 20 to 25 he says that if it wasn’t for loving and encouraging people, he would rather die and be with Christ
 
The rest of the chapter is encouragement. 

In other words, it was in his blood and every fibre of his being to love and care for others at any cost necessary. If Jesus had a life verse I think it would be His own words in Matthew 10:45, “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many”. 

So as I'm preparing for Mission X1 in Winnipeg over the next couple of days, I want and need to keep this in mind.
Mission X1 is not in anyway an inconvenience to me, it's an incredible opportunity to do what I am here on this earth for, serve.

God-powered and God-energized love and compassion for these people who God will put in front of me, so I'm able to look at them and just want to know more about them.  Who their favorite musician is, what their favorite kind of food is, what they do in their free time, who their friends are, where they are from, what they think of the Bible, etc. While at the same time noticing the little things that make them who they are; their laugh, the way they talk, whether they’re shy or talkative, or whatever extra comments that they make. 

As many things as I would like to do for all these people that I meet, I most importantly want to just love them as deeply as humanly possible. No, not “humanly” possible.."God" possible (if that makes sense), since it is God’s love that I want them to see. Overall, I just want other people’s needs and interests to be what I am consumed with in my thoughts and prayers, and I challenge you to have a similar goal! 


Love is never satisfied, because it always wants to give more.
          James Ramelli

          I Pray James' post has been encouraging and challenging. Feel free to leave feed back or messages  for James in the comments section. 

Tomorrow I will be posting a Joyful noise entitled "The Notes Not Played". Thursday has yet to be filled, and Friday you can look forward to an entry by Pastor Dan Cormie of Dakota Community Church.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great thoughts James!

Tyson said...

James! Thanks for being the first to send in a contribution to the blog! I will go into mission X with a few less "arrows" pointing at me, and perhaps practice worship with how I evaluate my days. Thanks again James.

Brittany said...

LOVE that last line. thanks for sharing James and Tyson

Josh G said...

I agree with Randy! It's great food for thought!