Contact Me!

Want to contribute? You can contact me at rocksaredumb@gmail.com

Monday, January 10, 2011

A Joyful Noise

Today we start our first "Joyful Noise" entry, it comes from James Ramelli. James is a student at Steinbach Bible college and is preparing for a local mission trip. 


Love Is Never Satisfied 

As you all know, my name is James Ramelli. I am famous for quite a few things, including my middle & last name, my love for hockey (more specifically, the Toronto Maple Leafs, which I am only slightly embarrassed about), my love for coffee, and of course, my Italian background. 

There is a lot to say about myself. I’ve got my own life story, my own set of personality traits, my own likes and dislikes pertaining to food, sports, movies, music, etc, my own way of laughing, my own accent, my own strengths and weaknesses, my own family and friends, my own financial situation, my own pet peeves, my own way I like my coffee, etc. 

However, with Mission X1 , I want to focus on others. To focus on the needs of others is something that is extremely difficult to do, but is so essential for anyone claiming to be Christians, or in other words, servants of Christ. 

We wake up and ask "what do I want to do today"? we go to the mall and ask ourselves "what do I want to get for myself today"? We decide whether or not to read the Bible or to do our homework based on what we feel like. We are constantly asking ourselves "how am I doing today"? That is, we judge "how our day is going" based on what satisfied us, how we felt & what we learned. Just with the daily moment by moment decisions we make, we direct imaginary arrows towards ourselves... 



Tune in tomorrow to read a response to the self focus James is talking about as he considers what the Apostle Paul has to say about love. 

No comments: