Contact Me!

Want to contribute? You can contact me at rocksaredumb@gmail.com

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Journey

First, thank you for coming to Rocks Are Dumb. Last week as I was vacationing in Florida I had a revelation of grace. If you follow me on twitter or facebook you would have read the status update:

"I fear that my view of grace has been horribly narrow.It's not just a means to return to good, it is the life blood of our growth in God."

I need to make a correction, it should say " It's not just a means to return to God". Either way it worked. That tweet came from a place of new discovery. I'll fill in more details later but for now I'll just say that I encountered grace as I had never encountered it before. I realized that my very definition of what I thought grace was was wrong. Well maybe not so much wrong, but as stated horribly, horribly narrow.

Rocks Are Dumb is going to be my playground as I explore exactly how deep this discovery goes.

I earnestly pray and ask that you join me on this journey. I can tell you with all confidence that this revelation has been the deepest, and most burning moment of my faith in 10 years or more. My hope is that those who haven't come to this place will discover it with me, that your faith will be strengthened as I wade through questions and realities of God's nature that seem to be to big for my soul to absorb.

Shortly after my first tweet I added this : "What is this revelation of grace? My soul can't wrap around it. Like trying to drink the ocean through a straw. I'm breathless"

Join me, comment, interact, lets wrestle with questions together. Bring a straw and your thirst and we will work together at discovering the true depth of Gods grace!

Tyson

No comments: