Contact Me!

Want to contribute? You can contact me at rocksaredumb@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

God in the Call Center

I have recently started workin at a call center. I do in bound customer service for a specific product. One part of my job is called "saving the sell". When people call my obligation is to see if I can help resolve the problem.

Working in an environment like this is tricky though. There are no big issues of corruption, no obvious snares or pitfalls. Instead it's all tiny temptations. Although I don't make commission I do make sales. The temptation is always there to say "Oh yeah, I use the product and it worked 100% for me". My first day I found myself spouting these lines. I realized soon after that although my integrity wasn't completely destroyed, I had begun turning out these tiny screws that keep it intact.

I sat and thought about the depth of integrity, a verse came to mind "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." (Matt 12:30).

Integrety for the christian is worship. Integrity runs to our core, making small compromises is like loosening little screws, sooner or later the whole thing will fall apart.

I encourage you, whether you are a student, pastor, salesmen, there are no white lies. The first compromise is the hardest one to make.

Worship God with your everything, make no compromises, worship Him through your integrity.

Tyson

No comments: